Thank you to all who entered!
Watch June 9 as the winner performs on stage at
Girl Scouts Rock the Mall.
To see all entries, click here.
I Want to Rock the Mall: K12 and Girl Scouts Rock the Mall YouTube Contest
Quick Contest Links:
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital (Girl Scouts) and K12 Inc. will operate the I Want to Rock the Mall Contest (“Contest”) promotion.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital, and K12, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
The object of this Contest is to create an original song, which describes what it is like to be a Girl Scout. For purposes of this Contest, the video you create and submit in the Contest will be called the “entry.” Only one person may be featured in an entry. All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners of the prizes described below.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest’s period starts at 9:00 a.m. EST on Thursday, November 10, 2011, and ends at 9:00 a.m. EST, Friday, April 20, 2012. Entries must be received during the Entry Period to be considered eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are a registered Girl Scout; and
- You are 5-18 years of age at the time of entry.
- If you are a minor in your place of residence, you must receive your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission; and only parents or legal guardians may post an entry into this Contest; and
- You are NOT older than 18 years of age at the time of entry; and
- You reside in the USA; and
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- You are NOT an employee of K12 , or Girl Scout of the Nation’s Capital; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member or employee of K12 or the Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void within the geographic area(s) described above and wherever else prohibited by law. Do not post/submit an entry if you are not eligible and are not located in the United States at the time of submission.
WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY?
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
- The video cannot exceed 3 minutes in length
- The video can feature only one artist performing
- The video must be in compliance with YouTube.com terms of service
- your entry must be your own original work; and
- your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person by using their names, likeness or images without their express written consent.
- Your entry may include the name and trademark, logo or trade address of Girl Scouts, Girl Scout Daisy, Brownie, Junior Cadette, Teen or Ambassador, Girl Scout Cookie and Girl Scouts Rock the Mall: 100th Anniversary Sing-Along.
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
- is obscene or offensive;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media);
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, (other than the member of your family or community for which you have received consent) including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
HOW WILL MY ENTRY BE POTENTIALLY USED?
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you:
- are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, perform, review your entry and all its content in connection with Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts 100th Anniversary, Girl Scouts Rock the Mall and this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
- agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
- understand and acknowledge that the Contest sponsors may have developed, received submissions, or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
- understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that during the Contest, the judging phase, and following the Contest, your entry may be posted online and on websites selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to these online or websites. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter you must post your video response to the Contest video.
Go to the Contest web site at http://www.youtube.com/GSRocktheMall establish and sign into your YouTube account (you must be 14 years of age or older); or have your parent or legal guardian establish and sign into their You Tube account, and upload your entry as instructed.
We will only accept ten (10) entries per person; however, each entry must be substantially unique to be eligible.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
The winner will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Judging: Girl Scouts will select a panel of judges
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. Videos will be judged based on originality, creativity, articulation of what it is like to be a Girl Scout, and the contestant’s ability to engage an audience on camera.
If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than described above.
The decision of the judge is final and binding.
One (1) Grand Prize. A trip to
Nine (9) Runners-Up. Each runner-up will receive a commemorative Girl Scouts Rock the Mall: 100th Anniversary Sing-Along T-Shirt (retail value approximately: $25.00) and the opportunity to be recognized at Girl Scouts Rock the Mall: 100thAnniversary Sing-Along on June 9 on the National Mall.
The nine (9) runners up and one (1) Grand Prize winner will each receive one (1) powerspeak12 foreign language course powered by K12. One foreign language course of winner’s choosing (Spanish, French, German, Latin and Chinese) (ARV: $250.00). Winner (or her parent or legal guardian) is responsible for her own microphone, computer, and Internet connection. Course is for one-semester. Not available for credit or with teacher support.
Looking for information on the K12 Voter's Choice Award Contest rules and prizes? Click here.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to your YouTube user account provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to the next highest ranking entry.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Contest you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless K12, Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and
- That K12, Girl Scout’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
- That, by accepting a prize, K12 and Girl Scouts may use your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
K12 Voter’s Choice Contest